Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Christmas Stuff...

I know it's been a while... and I have to say this isn't something I would normally post, but I found this poem in the depths of my computer and thought I'd share it with you this holiday season. I wanna remind you to make Christmas about more than just superficial wants.


The happiest time of the year.
Right.
If this season contains happiness
Then tell me why light is only found on trees
And the world is plunging deeper into darkness.
Tell me why people preach self love
Yet the world is full of hatred.
Tell me why selfishness is sold in every store
And greed is gift wrapped.
Tell me why happiness never appears
And depression comes with seasons greetings.
Tell me why people make up stories of kindness
Because they can’t find it in reality.
Tell me why people speak of gifts,
When generosity is shrouded in bondage.

Tell me why there’s an abundance of everything
Except love.

No comments:

Post a Comment