Thursday, February 26, 2015

Stuff and things

I have been in a very crafty mood lately. Since I've been in that mood I finally got some projects done. I got this old guitar from some friends, and turned it into a shelf (which I'll show you how to do sometime soon). But in order to do that I had to rip apart the guitar. It made me really sad. To know that I was destroying something that once made beautiful music. It looked like a pretty old guitar to me. Who knows what emotions went into that instrument? Maybe someone played it after something sad happened in their life. Maybe that was their happiness. To play that old guitar. It was sad for me to destroy it. But I did it. (With the help of JJ). 
I realized that sometimes emotions can just be poured out into items. I mean just think about it. You probably had some toy that always used to cheer you up.  I used to talk to a huge stuffed moose that I had ,when I was younger, if I was sad. Or maybe holding onto a favorite pillow. Reading a favorite book. Sometimes I'll look at my old birthday cards, just for fun, it makes me smile. Sometimes I wonder if God gives us special "things" just to give us a smile. I love how God works like that. He knows just the right thing to get us jumping for joy, or smiling after a sad day. He has a rainbow planned after the storm. Because God is just amazing like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment