Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Homeschoolers, stereotypes, and more!

Hellooooo everybody!!! Meaning Elisabeth. Haha. Anywho, I just feel like talking about some problems of a homeschooler. First up..... socialization. What is it with people and thinking homeschoolers are completely unsocialized? I mean just because we do school at our house doesn't mean we have no friends. Also, boyfriends and girlfriends. Why? Why do you need a boyfriend or girlfriend to be accepted into society as a normal person. Having a boyfriend or girlfriend is a very bad idea. Bethany Hamilton puts it very well: imagine that you and your BF/GF are two pieces of paper each time you hold hands or hug, kiss, etc. etc. you are stapled together, then you break up, and you are torn apart. It leaves major holes, rips and even pieces of the other paper. BAD IDEA! Especially at young ages. Wait. Where was I? Ahh yes the homeschooler's problems..... another stereotypical assumption is that all homeschoolers are nerdy goody goodies who all wear suits and ties everywhere and quote random textbook notes through their braces while looking down on you because you aren't as smart as them through their giant grandpa glasses. NOT TRUE! Yes, I know many homeschoolers who are very advanced, and I also know public schoolers who are advanced as well. I also have glasses and know many others with glasses and braces. But I know people who aren't homeschoolers with those too.  Stereotypes aren't fair. So stop using them! Okay. I'm done. Now you can escape my jumbled up scatterbrained post.
See ya later alligator!
Randomly Brainy

PS If you read this could you please just comment your thoughts. I would love to know your thoughts and also be reassured that someone's reading this. :)

5 comments:

  1. Hello, Arielle! My name is Jessica.
    I just wanted you to know that I've been reading your blog.
    Also, I agree about your post. It does seem often that many people think of home schoolers that way. But, I'm very thankful to have been home schooled. My parents taught me things in school, that I don't believe I would have been taught in public school. Many of the books they used to teach me, I'm sure wouldn't be allowed in public schools, because they uphold & support the truth that God is real, & that He created the heavens & earth, the sea, & all that is in them.
    Even though I've graduated high-school, I'm still learning, & I'm so glad for the foundation which my parents helped to lay upon Christ, so that now I look at facts through biblical lenses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Arielle!
    Emily's here with me too:) Love your blog! I'll definitely promote it on mine. Anything you need! Keep it up, girl! This is a good post :)
    Liddy & Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much guys! Your comments are very encouraging. :D
    Randomly Brainy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, this is is Hannah! I love your blog so far. Keep it up! I'll also be posting it on my blog! It'll be put on my list of websites to check daily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also liked the description of the staples and paper. It's true.

    ReplyDelete