Thursday, December 4, 2014

Wordy Ramblings of a Book Addict

          What is it about books that can just capture a reader? I've been thinking a lot about my favorite books as I've been working on my own novel. What makes them so likeable and compelling? Why have people always enjoyed reading? I think we all can come up with our own answer. Why do you enjoy reading? Now some of you may be saying "I don't like reading." Well then this blog post is not for you. Anyways, the reason I, and probably a lot of other people, love reading because of a books ability to transport you to a different place and time. You can have a whole adventure without ever leaving your couch. You can experience a different life. The hardships and happiness that others can experience. Even though books are just words on paper you make them something so much more. You give them their value. Because you read them. Their are things about books that are so amazing and beautiful. I think the endings of books are important. That's your final note. The feeling you're left with long after you set down the pages. Books can change you. The writer has a couple hundred pages to convince you of something that they believe. You discover things in books. When you read you're seeing more than words. The printed ink can do so much more than create a story. It can give you hope, happiness, love, peace. It can make you smile or frown or sometimes cry your way to dehydration.(<That's actually happened to me before.) It can give you strength or help you get through hard times. I think books are as close to magic as you can get. You can do things you never could before. Even if only in your mind. Reading is like a dream. The impossible becomes possible when you read a book.I don't know why books affect people in this way. I don't know why reading books give me the inspiration to do things I never could before. If you have an explanation for this please tell me why this happens, because I honestly have no clue.
             People who write have power over those who read. Don't abuse that power. You could change someone's life with your words.
             I may end up writing more on the topics of books and writing so I would really appreciate feedback on this post.
Keep reading, writing and being,
Randomly Brainy.

No comments:

Post a Comment