Tuesday, April 28, 2015

A minute in a dancers mind

One, two, three, four
Five, six, seven, eight
Breathe in. 
Next move.  
Oh no! I forgot to smile. 
I have to keep going. 
Here's the hard part. 
I'm off on my counts. 
I have to try to find someone counting out loud. 
There we go. 
One and two and three and four 
I'm back on track. 
Wait where are we in the combination? 
Remember to turn out. 
I wish my extension was like hers. 
Keep my core tight. 
And lift
Point 
Balance
Hold 
Smile
Oh no. 
The teacher is watching me. 
I can't keep my balance. 
Going down. 
Land in a plié. 
Now here's a pirouette. 
Remember not to tilt. 
Spot!
Hold your arms in first position. 
Keep your foot pointed. 
Smile. 
One and two and three and four. 
Now plié. 
Do another pirouette.
Plié again. 
Now a grande jeté. 
Wait! How do I get into it? 
I'll just run I guess. 
But I'll do it with my foot pointed. 
And smile. 
Keep going. 
Almost done. 
Foot pointed!
Legs straight! 
Core tight! 
Smile! 
And finish! 


Now most of you probably had no idea what that was about. 
That was a minute in the mind of a dancer. 
You're welcome. 

Most of you probably didn't find that very entertaining, but I have no blog post ideas so this is what you get for now. Please comment with posts you'd like to read!



No comments:

Post a Comment